Saturday, May 4, 2019

Do You Need a Montage?

Recently I've rediscovered Deodato's wonderful, trippy Also Sprach Zarathustra and I have it on my MP3 player as the first song in a progrock-ish mix. I put it on when I go for a walk. There's a thing I do a lot when I'm listening to good music, which is that I imagine a video for it. For this one, I imagine a montage of me doing all the stuff I want to do - the illustration project I'm working on, DIY around the house, running, etc. It is the perfect musical accompaniment - very cheesy with dramatic flourishes where I zoom in on my imagined achievements (drawings, curtains, shelves).

It's put me in such a good mood lately that I want other people to do it too. Of course you might need to find a different song if Deodato doesn't work for you. Mason Williams' Classical Gas is similar in cheese-factor fantasticness, but for me that's reserved as the theme tune to a 1970s-style detective drama featuring my dog, who drives a blue Triumph Dolomite.

No comments:

Post a Comment